The KYHIA acts as a supporting network to those seeking to work within the Kentucky hemp industry, providing all members with the benefits of a HIA membership. In addition, we offer a community of farmers, industries and experts that can be utilized at any time. With the influx of interest after the Farm Bill and last year’s pilot projects, the KYHIA continues to grow as a managing agency for hemp interests within the state.
As membership increases and the KYHIA becomes the leading resource for Kentucky Hemp, we are looking for interns from state universities to help manage our growing network. We’ve a developed an internship program that will give students a hands-on learning experience working within an emerging United States industry. Students will have the opportunity to learn from participating in a variety of activities such as, but not limited to:
- Working closely with executives and professionals within the industrial hemp industry.
- Managing a variety of social media outlets.
- Planning local and state events.
- Attending a number of educational and promotional events across the state and region.
- Writing pieces and discussing the current hemp movement for promotional outlets (blogging, press releases, social media content, promotional pieces, newsletter and other various media.)
- Managing membership database (contacts, members, donors.)
- Donor cultivation and fundraising.
- Grant writing and research.
- Researching and assembling various educational and promotional pieces.
- Doing various organizational, management and other miscellaneous tasks for the KYHIA team.
We are excited about providing this learning opportunity to students who have the motivation and passion to learn about the industrial hemp movement. If you are interested in applying to our Internship Program you can apply by sending a short cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org